Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Another family updates us on Jake!

Well, we haven't heard anything from CHI lately. The family I was in contact with recently is now home from Vietnam. I met another family through CHI who just went to Vietnam to pick up their child in the same orphanage as Jake. She was kind enough to let me mail her a gift so that she could take it over with them. We sent him a little car and a stuffed animal. I received an email from her today and she said he was very excited to get it. I wish I could have seen his face! I had sent her pictures of Jake and she said she recognized him immediately and he actually followed her out in the courtyard while she was trying to bond with her new son. She said he was doing his "fake" grin that we have seen in other pictures of him. Even though we haven't met him yet I am beginning to think he might be a little "ham"! It pleased us when she said he was easy to smile. She took a few pictures and will try to send them later. I am sure it is very busy trying to bond with a toddler. We haven't heard any new news but we are getting all the information together for shots required to travel in Vietnam. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: