Thursday, November 29, 2007

We Got Our G&R Tonight!!!

My heart is literally racing as I write this note. Rick is on call tonight and I just got home from a recipe exchange party and checked my email. Nicky emailed us tonight and said our G&R has been set for December 17th. Unfortunately, we are still waiting to hear from the US Immigration office in HCMC. It has been 10 days since they wrote us a letter stating they received our son's paperwork and it could take several weeks for it to be processed. CHI is hoping it will average to be a 3 week period. If all this comes in within the next two weeks we should be buying our tickets to Vietnam. We were praying this would happen before our group plans their vacation for the next year and I think it just may work out! The kids are going to be sad that Rick and my mom will be gone over Christmas but if things go faster while over there because of the new way of processing paperwork...they just may be home for Christmas or shortly after!!! Wow...what a true gift from God. I can't imagine a better way to celebrate Christmas. I am now panicked thinking of all the things I need to do. I still have Christmas shopping (and for one more now!) and packing for the trip to do in just a couple of weeks. Rick is going in tomorrow to get all of his shots and mom got hers last week. I will let everyone know as soon as I get the dates confirmed. I pray it all works out. I know that God has His own perfect timing. We have trusted in Him on this entire journey and even though at times we felt like things weren't going as smoothly as we had hoped and things were taking longer than we like, as time has gone by we realized it was all meant to be in the timing and order He planned for us. Have a blessed weekend. I can tell you we will be floating! Love, Natalie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the good news! What a wonderful Christmas gift.

Love, Patty

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo ! How very exciting. I surely hope it goes really super fast and he can be here by christmas, but it sure sounds like you will start the new year as a family of 5 !!! Wow. Such good news. Ann

Anonymous said...

Natalie!! How exciting - Heather called me and told me to look at your blog. I know she is very excited to meet Jake - hopefully SOON!! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Brenda M.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Jake! I am so excited.
* Heather

Unknown said...

Natalie,

We know (from personal experience!) how excited you guys must be! We cannot wait to meet this little guy and welcome him to America! This takes us back about 16 and 20 years ago when Travis and Adrienne arrived from Korea....words cannot begin to express the joy! We pray all goes well and that Jake will bond quickly with his loving family. What a precious gift!

Love, Theresa

Leslie & Shaune said...

wonderful news. congratulations! He is adorable - I just found your blog and have book marked it so i can follow your travel to Vietnam and back.

K said...

That's fabulous! I can't wait to follow along.