Tuesday, December 4, 2007

An Amazing Day!

Okay...where do I start? We got up this morning and found our letter from US CIS Immigration stating our I-600 had been processed and we were ready to travel. We were so excited and I spent the day running everywhere trying to finish up Christmas shopping and things for the trip. We were told our G&R would be on the 17th but leaving around the 13th so I had about a week and a half to wrap things up. Well, tonight I got an email from Nicky and she said....do ya think you can leave earlier???? We said sure! Mom and Rick will now be flying out on Monday the 10th! Now I am really panicked. Rick is going to have to get someone to cover him next week and we have some major packing and paperwork to do. I am sending out mom's and Rick's passport's tomorrow and PRAY they get here by Friday...yes, in four days! Stress!!!! Anyways, as if you can't tell by my update....I am in 5th gear and not slowing down any time soon. We are hoping by traveling sooner so that we can be home with Jake by Christmas. We didn't want to get stuck in Vietnam over the holidays because the US offices shut down and we would be waiting until they got back unable to do any paperwork. It is our hope and prayer that we can get back before Christmas. Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare for this huge journey. This is truly the journey of a lifetime. Natalie

4 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

that is beyond exciting. i can't imagine all you have to do before travel but it is definetly worth it. hope you can all be together and home for christmas!

K said...

That is incredible!!!! Happy packing, and best of luck to you on the trip!

Anonymous said...

Natalie and Rick,

Maureen and I have been following your journey to bring Jake home with interest. This is exciting news!

If you have time before they leave, a great help for those long plane rides for Rick and your mom is the First Class Sleeper Travel Pillow (just Google "First Class Sleeper")

Love,
Eric and Maureen

CGlide said...

Natalie and Rick,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I remember those days just before I went to Bulgaria to pick up Emily and Jay. Jake is beautiful! God be with you, bless you and keep you all safe.

Cyndi Glidewell