Saturday, December 22, 2007

Finally back in the states

Well, Rick, mom and Jake are now in LA. They had a really great flight and slept much of the way home. They said they feel like it should be 10 in the morning even though it is 11 pm at night. Jake is running around pushing buttons and discovering all the new things he has never seen. We could hear him quite well in the background...he was having fun! While going through immigration, he was so hungry that he got in Rick's bag and pulled out his formula can and bottle and trying to figure out how he could make one for himself! The children in Vietnam stay on the bottle until they are 3-4 years old which may seem unusual to most Americans but we will keep him on his bottle for a while so that it will provide comfort to him and good bonding time between mom and Jake. We are all so excited to see them we can't sleep....as you can see I am posting this blog at 1:30 am....and Nadia is sitting next to me!!! I know it sounds crazy but I have been "nesting" with this adoption just as I did when I was pregnant. I have been vacuuming, washing sheets, organizing....pretty much cleaning anything I can get my hands on! It is crazy!!! Well, I guess I should sign off for now. I just wanted everyone to know that they made it back to the states safely. Please pray for safe travels all the way back to Arkansas. Have a great weekend. I know we will! Natalie

No comments: