Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nervously waiting for Visa

Well, it is a little stressful today. I got a call from Rick and as they went down to the lobby yesterday to meet to go to the U.S. Embassy to have their appointment for Jake's Visa they were told that the Embassy had canceled their appointment. We knew they had to have it because it typically takes a full day to get the paperwork to leave the country. They have an appointment Friday at 3 pm and have to have all their interviews and process the paperwork to get his visa in two hours since they close at 5 pm. Their flight leaves at 7 pm! We don't even know if they will give them the visa the same day. The biggest problem with all of this is that the Embassy is closing their office until next Wednesday for the holidays. They had told our agency they would only be closed for Christmas and New Year's Day....somehow things changed in between that fax . Please pray that they are able to get all of this done tomorrow in record time of two hours! If not, they will have to stay 5 extra days and miss Christmas. It won't give Rick much time at home before he goes back to work for Jake to adjust to me. We are all very stressed at this time and are asking for prayers that this will work out. Rick will call me tonight at 5 am to let me know if it happens. I posted a few more pictures. Rick doesn't have any email access in Hanoi so we are only communicating via phone. I don't think I will have many more photos to post until they get back...which I pray is Sat night. I will keep everyone updated as we find out more information. Thanks so much. Natalie

Happy Boy!
Rick and Jake eating at an Italian Restaurant
City street in HCMC
The hospital where Jake got his medical exam

No comments: