Thursday, December 13, 2007

They have Jake!

I know it is in the middle of the night but I just got off the phone with Rick and mom again and yes, I spoke to Jake! He didn't like the phone at all....he had never seen a cell phone before and he couldn't figure out what the sound was coming out of it saying, "Hi Son (his Vietnamese name)...it is Mommy!"....he pushed it away and wanted to look out the window. I will update more tomorrow on the events that took place when Rick took him from the assistant director...who loved him so much (he even called her momma). It was very emotional for everyone involved. They told Rick that she was actually in the process of trying to adopt him but then our paperwork came through and he was matched up with us and she decided to give him to us. I had written her a letter and given her a gift and the translator read it to her as Rick gave her the necklace. Needless to say, it was very emotional for her and mom and Rick tried to console her with hugs and words of comfort and thankfulness. I will tell you now that Jake is crying in the van and was a little distressed. Rick was trying to console him and tell me everything at the same time so I am going to call early in the morning(our time) and get more details. They are with a group of 4 other families and their children were with them too.

I found out that he doesn't like monkeys...they scare him! I had sent a toy monkey over to him but he doesn't like it at all! I don't even think they sent it with him. Good thing I decided against the monkey backpack and got one with airplanes! I put a puppy dog inside and Rick said he was holding on pretty tight to it. He had a bag of animal crackers and Rick said there was not a chance of him parting with those either! Oh..one other note....they said "rest up Nat"....he is BUSY...as I had been warned by others over there...they said when they got there he was running all over the place half dressed under tables and chairs etc. They got him all "fancy" and he came out with a bow tie on....I can't wait to get the pictures of him. I am tired and rambling but will update more as I hear from Rick. Please pray for Jake's comfort during this huge adjustment period. I know he must be so scared and confused right now and I desperately wish I was there to hold him. I just want his transition to be as easy as it can be. More later I promise. Natalie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great !!! Thanks for the update ! Couldn't wait to check when I woke up this morning. ann

Anonymous said...

yay! Poor little Jake I am sure he is scared but hopefully he will be feeling right at home soon. He will adjust and be so happy. I can't wait.
*Heather