Saturday, December 8, 2007

Only a couple of days left

Well, Nadia had great fun with all of her friends at her 9th b-day party. They did pottery and we came home to some games, movies and crafts. They all seemed to have a really great time. They have such a sweet group of friends in their class at school. Today they had a basketball game in Mountainburg and won the game in three over times! Most of her friends had been at the party and we had to get up at 6:30 am to be there on time! They were all pretty sleepy but were able to pull through with a win. It is so fun to watch the kids play basketball at this age. After the game, the third grade class was selected to be in the Fort Smith Christmas parade. It was a very fun busy day for all of them. Rick is on call today/tonight so it has been just the kids and I. Believe it or not, I actually got Jake packed during Luke's nap and with the great help of Mia. I am glad I did it today because I was able to make a list of things I forgot and will run out tomorrow after church to get all of those things. One bump in the day was that I took Luke back to the hospital today b/c I was up with him all night last night crying and had noticed his fingers were very swollen and he kept saying "too tight!". They had to cut the cast tonight to relieve the pressure from swelling. It seems to help some but he just can't stand having the cast on. It breaks my heart when he says, "please take it off momma". Thanks for all the kind encouraging notes you have left on the blog and emails. It is so nice to have so many people supporting us and praying for us on the wonderful journey. I have attached some photos below. Talk to you soon. Natalie


Nadia's birthday party!

Luke and his broken arm :(
I'm trying to smile momma but it hurts

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Luke...his picture is so sad and sweet at the same time. I'm sorry he's not having a good time with his cast. Give him lots of hugs for me. Let me know what I can do to help when Rick and your mom are gone. I can't wait to meet Jake. He'll be here before you know it!

Love, Patty

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just letting you know I'm thinking of the travelers and praying for safety. You know I"m around if you think of anything. Love, ann

Anonymous said...

awww Poor Luke! Get Better Soon!!
* Heather