Thursday, December 13, 2007

A quick update from the last post

I spoke with Rick just now before they went to sleep. He said they got back to the hotel room and gave Jake a bath, "tried" to brush his teeth....had never had it done before and didn't like it, and met the other families out for dinner. They said the food was incredible and that Jake is being SOOOOO good. He won't go to mom yet and only wants Rick. Our agency told us this would be important so we are very grateful for this. He sat in Rick's lap and then they took a walk by the water and he didn't make a sound. They got back to the room tonight and he fell asleep in Rick's arms. Once Rick laid him in the crib he sat up to make sure he was still there and laid back down to go to sleep. Rick is having trouble with the computer and can't email or download pictures at this time but will send them as soon as he figures out the problem. He said they were too tired to even try tonight.

Rick gave me more details from the orphanage. We had been told that Son (Jake) was the assistant director's favorite...and Rick said it was true. He said actually he seemed to be the favorite of many. Many of the caregivers had a hard time seeing him leave. Rick said most of the kids are in old clothing that is too big etc and they had dressed him up in a suit with a bow tie for him to meet his new forever family. I can not wait to see this picture! She told Rick she wanted to adopt him and Son called her "mommy". She said he was "very very smart! and a "very lucky baby"". Rick said she may just be biased because she loved him so much but would like to believe he is going to be smart! We prayed for the entire wait that whoever God placed in in our family would feel loved while he waited on us and it has truly been an answer to our prayers. We are so grateful to her for loving our son and showing him how to bond with people. She has given him such a great gift.

I am going to call them tonight before we go to bed and when they are getting up and I will update more. They have the Giving and Receiving Ceremony tomorrow afternoon and as far as the Vietnamese government is concerned he will be officially ours. It will then be up to the US. I hope I will have some pictures to share with you. Have a great day. Natalie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie, My name is Chris Frede and I am the sister-in-law of Kathy Frede who is in Vietnam pickign up her granddaughter Jenna.

I have a few pictures for you of Jake. Can you e-mail me and I will send them to you?

Congratulations.

Chris Frede
chris.frede@fleishman.com
314-982-8602

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I pray Rick, your mom and Jake are sleeping peasefully. Thanks for all the updates. Take care. Love, Patty

Anonymous said...

oh wow, I have a lump in my throat... I can just feel for those who saw him go to his forever family. I hope they can understand somehow, how very blessed Jake will be in his family back home waiting to love on him so much. And I am thrilled to hear that he is finding so much comfort in Rick. That's awesome news. Thanks for updating. love, ann

Unknown said...

Natalie,

What GREAT news! I nearly cried when I read how he is bonding to Rick....I somehow knew he would! I know you and the kids are anxious for them to come home! I can't wait to meet him!

Love,
Theresa